With Summer upon us let’s dig into more green leafy salads. Here is the recipe for this nutrient packed rubbed kale and blackbean salad. Enjoy
- 1 Cup Cooked Quinoa
- 2 tins of Black Beans
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 tbsp pesto
- 1 avocado
- 80g toasted sunflower seeds or pepitas
- Handful of cranberries
- 1tbsp macadamia/coconut oil
- Jalapeño sauce
- Lime Juice
- Pull leaves off kale stem and place into a large bowl
- Rub leaves with macadamia oil or coconut oil with tips of fingers until leaves darken (should take 3 mins max).
- Mix pesto, black beans, quinoa and seeds into a separate bowl
- Mix pesto mix in with kale leaves.
- Top with diced avocado & cranberries.
- Season with as much Jalapeño sauce & lime juice as you like.
- Serve immediately, or can be kept for up to 3 days.